Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving from Gray Summit! It is FINALLY snowing. After a few weeks of gorgeous weather, snow decided to grace us with its presence. 

Today has been incredibly nice. I woke up, and channeling my mom, watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade, wishing that I could watch it with her! It is one of my favorites and I always get excited because I know that Christmas is almost here! It also means, that it is officially okay to listen to Christmas music! (Despite Alex's, my team leader, wishes) So let the carols begin!!

Our sponsor, John, was nice enough to let the 7 of us (3 had gone home) join him and his family and friends for Thanksgiving lunch/dinner at the reserve. It was so much fun playing games and getting to know our sponsor on a different level. His family was so generous and funny! The girls and Chris played dominoes with Katy (our sponsor's daughter in law) while the others went for a 2 mile hike in the snow. I was not really in the mood to hike 2 miles in boots and a dress... a little too chilly for my taste :)

Around the dinner table we went around a shared what we were thankful for, so I decided that I am going to share that with you all. I am incredibly thankful for all my friends (old and new) and family who constantly support me in whatever adventures that I choose to pursue. This one included. It means so much to me that I have such a deep support system, and that even if they don't necessarily agree with what I am doing, they will still support me with whatever I choose to do. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with happiness and turkey!

I love you all,

Kris

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you get to be in a snowy place for winter!!!!!!

    And I'm glad you guys are having a good first spike and that your sponsor seems nice!

    ReplyDelete