Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Transition Week #1

Denver, CO


Back on campus and half way through our first transition week. Spirits are off all around the corps, including my own. Some of the members didn't return after the break which has been a sad event for all. The transition week has been busy as always. We all thought that we were going to get to spend time with people that we will not get to see for the next months, which turns out not the be the case. After spending ours with our team on Monday working on the Debrief, presenting the Debrief Tuesday, starting the Brief Tuesday, as well as Wed, pack test Wed, Brief presentation Thursday then packing on Thursday and Friday with final prep... and leave Saturday for our next Spike. Throw some meetings in there, and you don't have a whole lot of time to spend with other people. It is really sad, especially for me not to be able to spend time with my "AmeriFamily". 


Though I love having my team back together, I'm really not enjoying the reminder of the type of environment that AmeriCorps is. You make really close friends during CTI and then you have to leave them for months at a time. While each of you is having an amazing adventure, you still feel a slight awkwardness and distance when you return. Don't get me wrong, it is still an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything, it's just enough to put you in a funk.


I leave for Pikes Peak on Saturday for my second round project. I will be there from Jan 10th-March 4th. I am not sure about internet access, it seems the only type of computer that we have will be far away. But I will try to update when possible, and let you know how everything is going. Hopefully by then spirits will be raised, and we will all be excited and enthusiastic about our Fire training and project!


I should probably get back to working on the Brief, but I just wanted to update you all with how it is going!


I love you all and miss you,


Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment